Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Kansas

This picture sums up all of Kansas pretty well... straight, flat, and wheat on both sides. A lot of people hate biking through Kansas, but I really liked it. I was lucky to have the wind at my back through most of the state.
Sea of Wheat.

Action shot of fellow Trans Amers Donnie and Dana. I met them about two weeks ago in the city park in Larned and we have been riding together off and on ever since.

Every single town has at least one grain elevator. This one is in Ness City. There almost seems to be an inverse relationship between the size of the towns and the size of their grain elevators.

This was my host for the evening in Ness City. Keith rescued me and fellow Trans Amer Brian fom the park just before a big storm. He let us sleep in his basement, and the next morning he gave us a tour of the county. He also played his harmonica and rode his unicycle for us. Maybe the nicest person I've met so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment