Sunday, June 7, 2009

Day 17: Shiloh, TN to Perryville, TN

Sunday I stayed at Mouse Tail Landing State Park outside of Perryville, TN. There was a mountain bike race at the park that morning and I got there just as it was ending. I ran into one of the race organizers as I was registering to camp. He told me one of the prizes for the race was a free night in a nearby historic hotel. No one had claimed the prize so he offered it to me. I gladly accepted and will spend tomorrow night in the hotel and take a rest day. I also got a bunch of Clif Shot Bloks.

The only prize I will ever win in a mountain bike race.

My campsite at Mouse Tail Landing State Park.


I didn't have enough coins for the dryer.





Yes, I had to walk this one. It was the entrance to the park though, so it doesen't count. This hill was so steep, I had stop half way up and take my shoes off. It was impossible to walk up it in biking shoes, my feet kept slipping. Walking up this hill was harder than anything I've had to ride up so far.





Crossing the Tennessee River in Perryville, TN.