Friday, July 10, 2009

Toronto

My camera broke my first day in Toronto. When i got my bag back from the required bag check at the Royal Ontario Museum, the LCD screen was cracked. With no viewfinder and a broken screen, it was difficult to take pictures. I didn't taking many, and of the ones I did take, most were pretty terrible. here is the cream of the crap:

Home for four days in Toronto.

Shawarma, on a plate rather than in a wrap.

Toronto is in the midst of a garbage strike. By Friday, most of the trash cans on the streets had piles of garbage 5x higher than this around them, but I had given up on my camera by that point. It is also worth mentioning that the city looked surprisingly clean and hardly smelled at all considering the strike has been going on for several weeks.

Picture of the CN Tower taken from the base.

Taken from one of the observation decks of the CN Tower.

Another from the observation Deck.

Glass floor on one of the observation Decks of the CN Tower.

Another one through the glass floor.

Taken from the top observation deck of the CN Tower, the unfortunately named "Sky Pod".